EU PRIVACY AGREEMENT
UPDATED JANUARY 14, 2019
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, is an overhauled of how businesses process and handle data. Europe is now covered by the world’s strongest data protection rules. The mutually agreed General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on May 25, 2018, and was designed to modernise laws that protect the personal information of individuals.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are an individual resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by submitting a support ticket by accessing your Client Care Portal Account.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by submitting a support ticket by accessing your Client Care Portal Account..
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please submit a support ticket by accessing your Client Care Portal Account..
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may be required to identify yourself as a person to which the GDPR is applicable in order for us to extend GDPR-mandated privacy requirements to you, and Evolving Media & Design Inc.® reserves it rights to deny provision of the Services to you if we in our sole discretion determine that we want to provide the Services only to persons who reside in Canada. If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may find out more information, including about the complaint procedure, here; https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en.
All information we collect during our business interaction with you as an individual is made readily available in your account. You can access this information by logging into your Client Care Portal account at Evolving Media & Design Inc. opportating under the Brandname Evolvingmedia.com. If you do not have an account with Evolvingmedia.com then we do not pocess any personal information on you as an individual.
Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: We need your personal information to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver you our products or services.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws require us to retain records of payments made for our products and services.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests. For example, we may use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep our website, products, and services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our products or services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
- We analyze how users interact with our website, products, and services so we can better understand which elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to develop and improve the quality of the online experience we offer to all our users.
Cookies and Tracking
- “required cookies” are necessary for our website to work properly,
- “performance cookies” allow us to analyze how Visitors use our website so we can measure and improve the performance of our website,
- “functional cookies” allow us to remember choices you may have made on our website, and
- “referrals from internal and external affiliates as well as advertising campaigns”. We may use a third party service provider to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixel tags and cookies may be used in those email messages to help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing material and to enable us to provide more focused communications to you. You can reject cookies by changing your browser settings, but be aware that this will disable some of the functionality when visiting the EvolvingMedia.com website, for Example, the Customer Care Portal.