Evolving Media was commissioned by Health Canada to design a new wrap-a-round book cover for the Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines, 3rd Edition, in English and French. Later, Health Canada ordered a third book cover in Russian for various Laboratories around the globe.
Kitchens On Wheels Canada—A Case Study
- To design, develop, and host the website for Kitchens On Wheel Canada,
- To highlight the strengths of Kitchens On Wheel Canada in Eastern Ontario,
- To research, the competition and organizations within the mobile concession stand manufacturing space,
- To differentiate the facility from their competition in Ontario, Québec and the northern United States,
- To showcase a sampling of their completed mobile commercial kitchens on their site,
- To photograph the facilities and show the people behind the designs,
- To provide video production services, as we take provided video and work with it,
- To write promotional copy to create the hook; the call to action,
- To provide guidance as we work as a team,
- To create a reason for potential clients to visit Kitchensonwheelscanada.com, now the leading manufacturer of mobile commercial kitchens, ten years in the making.
Evolving Media & Design Inc.® was commissioned to design a new website for Kitchens On Wheels Canada roughly nine years ago. During which the site changed four times as the business grew and KOWC introduced new products. Now in its fifth iteration, Evolving Media continues to provide design, development, hosting and technical support for their website.
ABOUT KITCHENS ON WHEELS CANADA
Kitchens On Wheels Canada provides custom units and fully equipped rental units to large scale commercial clients, Government Institutions, Commercial Builders, Engineering Firms, Hospitals, Health Care Facilities, Nursing Homes, Universities, Colleges and Emergency Services.
The qualified team at Kitchens On Wheels Canada is always ready for a challange. When you purchase a mobile truck or trailer from KOWC, you’re not only their client, you’re now part of their team.
Be part of the comfort of being your own boss.
Located in the industrial park in Alexandria Ontario. Their facility has the capacity to design, customize and build a mobile concession trailer or truck to exacting standards to meet your requirements.
Their commercial range hoods are custom designed, cut, welded, inspected and installed.
All the electrical, plumbing and gas lines are installed, inspected and certified by TSSA and ESA. All the graphics are applied indoors to ensure quality.
BEYOND THE BASICS
In the facility KOWC go beyond the standard configuration, they can design and make custom range hoods, stainless steel cabinets and counter tops, special serving counters, and powder coated shelving for a better finish and improved durability.
Industry standard, Powder coatings, product finishing comes in a variety of colours and finishes. Such as Epoxy, Hybrid, Polyester and Urethane powder coating chemistries.
IN-HOUSE GRAPHIC DESIGN TEAM
With over 20 plus years’ experience in the design industry, the creatives at KOWC can design and prepare your imagery. Whether it is a vehicle wrap to welcome and attract potential clients, to designing and printing brochures, rack cards, and other promotional material. The design team can also prepare a visual presentation that captivates with Photograpy and Video.
CONCESSION STAND RENTALS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
From festivals to concerts, from construction sites to remote locations, from emergency situations to medical fascilities, KOWC have you covered with two configurations to choose from.
Photo of a staff member cutting the steel pieces to make a custom commercial range hood. Photo Credit: Jeff Poissant, RGD
Photo of a staff member welding a steel cage to protect the propane canisters mounted at the rear of a mobile concession truck. Photo Credit: Jeff Poissant, RGD
Video post-production, editing the provided video, adding sound, and credits.
Video Post-Production by Jeff Poissant, RGD
What was involved
- Designing and developing the Brand for the business,
- Writing promotional text throughout the site,
- Taking professional photos that highlight key assets of the business,
- Creating a reason, a purpose for potential clients to visit the site,
- To project a professional, refined image, that reflects their expertise in the industry,
- To increase sales by opening access to new markets.
Designing a new company logo
This version of the Kitchens On Wheels Canada logo is the third iteration that Jeff Poissant, RGD created over the years. The changes were radical, more refined, as this logo reflected a new direction and calibre of the type of client they were attracting — large corporations and government.
BeaverTails, Catelli, Yogen Fruz, Frank’s RedHot, Tim Hortons, Maple Leaf, Saputo, the US Army, and many more.
Writing Promotional Text
Through an interview style of writing, Evolving Media sat down with the business owners and through a series of questions and answers recorded their perspective views on their business. Where they stand now and where they see themselves in a few years. After reviewing the recordings, we write a script or outline, then progress to writing and creating the promotional text, the hooks of persuasion, that entice a potential client into visiting the site and ultimately making the decision to purchase a custom mobile commercial kitchen.
Writing good content is no small feat; it requires a lot of preplanning and listening to the client. The results are increased sales, excellent return on investment, and profit.
An assignments success is the culmination of a team effort, the ability of Jeff Poissant to listen to the client and ask the critical questions.
A selection of images taken by Jeff Poissant for Kitchens On Wheels Canada at their facilities in Eastern Ontario.